Aaron Wiley, head coach of the Bettendorf Bulldogs football team, previews the Iowa 4A quarterfinal matchup with North Scott on Friday, November 7 2014.
Orion’s Kyle Seys connects with Drake Schultz for a game-winning 37-yard touchdown pass with less than a minute remaining in the Chargers’ dramatic 37-34 win over Mercer County in the first round of the Illinois high school football playoffs on November 1, 2014. ESPN Radio’s Ken Jacoby and Dallon Christensen had the call of the action.
A highly-anticipated rematch and top-ranked Bettendorf’s second-round playoff game highlight a big night of Monday night playoff football tonight on ESPN Radio’s coverage of the Iowa high school football playoffs, powered by QCSportsNet.
North Scott and Pleasant Valley renew their MAC rivalry at Spartan Stadium in a rematch of their Week 1 encounter, won by North Scott 7-3. Bettendorf hosts upset-minded Cedar Rapids Kennedy, fresh off of an upset of a 7-2 Muscatine team. It promises to be a big night of football.
Schedule of games for tonight – November 3
- North Scott at Pleasant Valley (Dallon Christensen) – 6:30 PM pregame on ESPN 93.5 FM, www.espn935.com, and qcsn.co/espn935
- Cedar Rapids Kennedy at Bettendorf (Play by play – Mitch Widmeier, Analyst – Steve Campbell) – Joined in progress on AM 1170 KBOB at 8 PM following the CydLines Coaches show. The entire game will be available online at http://qcsn.co/kbob1170 starting with the pregame show at 6:30 PM.
ESPN Radio and QCSportsNet will carry six games live this Friday night, featuring United Township and Moline from the Soule Bowl and Davenport Assumption hosting Mount Pleasant at Brady Street Stadium. The full schedule can be found below. All pregames will start at approximately 7:10 with kickoffs set for close to 7:45 PM.
- Moline at United Township (Ken Jacoby and Steve Campbell) – Live on ESPN 93.5 and www.espn935.com
- Mount Pleasant at Davenport Assumption (Dallon Christensen) – Internet only because of a conflict with the Cubs game
- Clinton at Bettendorf (Mitch Widmeier) – Internet only on QCSportsNet1
- Rock Island Alleman at Quincy (Marco LaNave) – Internet only on QCSportsNet2
- Dubuque Senior at North Scott (Zach Mackey) – Internet only on QCSportsNet3
- Davenport North at Pleasant Valley (Jeff Mooney) – Internet only on QCSportsNet4